Thursday, April 14, 2011

Buffalo Chicken... Nuggets?

Any one who has a child under the age of 10 in the house will probably have an endless supply of frozen chicken nuggets in your freezer. I know I do. I also know that they are a "go to" meal when I am tired or (more likely) haven't thought about what to make for dinner that night.

Last week I found myself in that very predicament. I was tired and I hadn't thought about what I wanted for dinner and it was too late to thaw real meat. I googled 'different ways to cook chicken nuggets' and found the following recipe.

Cook about 20 nuggets according to the package.
Put a half a stick of butter and a heaping teaspoon of finely diced garlic in a microwave safe bowl and melt the butter. If you don't have diced garlic, you can use garlic powder. Only use a half a teaspoon if you are using garlic powder. Add hot sauce to your taste, Christian likes ALOT. Mix well. I put the chicken nuggets in a bowl and pour the garlic butter over them, stir to coat the chicken and serve.

Christian loves this! I only found this last week and have made it twice. Once I made it with fried rice and stir-fried veggies. Very good. The second time we just had it as a snack late one night with blue cheese dressing. Also very good.

Even if your kids don't like the spice, you can serve them the nuggets "traditionally" and the adults can have the grown-up version. This is also a good wing alternative if you are running low on funds.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. As always, your comments and suggestions are welcome. Let me know if you have any ideas to make this recipe better. Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment