Friday, November 6, 2009

writing

I'm unhappy. Well, not unhappy- just unsatisfied. I feel like I can do more-need to do more. I have always wanted to write. To be an author and have people read the things I write. I have recently had to examine my motives. Do I want to do this in order for people to see MY work and compliment me on the things I write or do I want to people to see God at work in my life? I still don't have an answer to that question. I know what I WANT the answer to be.

Every time I embark on a writing project I hit a wall, and the wall usually comes pretty close to the beginning of the project. I try to write about my own life and it's not nearly interesting enough for literary composition. I try to write fiction, I guess I don't have a great imagination. I have even tried to write a Bible story from the main character's point of view. Maybe I tried too hard to get into her head. Maybe I try too hard to make it perfect. Then I read the things someone else has written and think to myself, why even try to write my own when he or she has put so eloquently into words the same things I want to say.

So, I guess only time will tell if I have anything interesting enough for my friends (and strangers) to read. Only time will tell if I have anything at all to write.

I hope that some of the things I write will let you know of God's awesome love for you.

I won't blame you at all if you get bored reading this. I probablly (how do you spell that word?) any way, I wont even know if you don't read this.

So, there you have it.

3 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaay! We have blog initiation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh I'm curious. What lady in the bible were you writing about?? :) By the way, not bored on this end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend!!
    You shouldn't be so down on yourself - you are a great writer!! I can't wait to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete