Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pride

Here is a project I would like to take on. Some questions I would like to answer and hear your imput as well.

1. Is there such a thing as Biblical/healthy pride?
2. Is self confidence different than pride?
3. If the anwer to #2 is yes then when does self-confidence turn into pride?

Is it ok to feel like you have done a good job when you are finished? Is it ok to feel like you are good at something? If it is ok, when does it turn into a bad thing? How do you keep it in check to make sure you don't cross the line? I know that Satan uses pride and I have a feeling that this weapon of his is easily accessible to him.
I an rather excited about researching this topic. I rarely do topical Bible studies. I usually pick a book of the Bible and read it thru and unfortunately I sometimes don't remember a thing I have read.
I will keep you updated on my findings.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to do more thinking on this later, but wanted to post one thing real quick. I've dealt with that a lot, because I'm a very self-conscious person. Looking back the truth is that there was a LOT of things I should have said that would have helped, encouraged, inspired people, but I didn't because I was afraid I would say it for the wrong reasons. We should totally follow David's example and ask God to search us and show us anything unclean thing in us, including pride but then we should say the words we need to say.

    You know what I just realized? I assumed you were studying this because of your new writing venture with this blog, so I didn't really answer the question but kinda talked to you directly about something you may not be dealing with at all. Sheeesh I need to stop gabbing now. Hope that helped a little at least. Will write more when I can think more on the subject. Interesting. I'd like to see your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete